21 November, 2006

Commuting to work and Christmas lights

When I worked in an office every day, I dreamed of being able to work at home and never having to dress up, or even working all day in my pajamas if I wanted to. Now that I can do just that, I find that sometimes I dress up just to remind myself of the old days.

There are very few times that I've been missing the two hour commute into Luxembourg city from Kehlen every day. I could sometimes get some reading done, but not on some of the windy roads, and not in the winter time when it was too dark to read.

But I realize now that with Christmas coming, I will miss the Christmas lights on the big bank by the bridge, and at the Christmas market at Place D'Arms, and on the tree at Place de Paris. Having only 8 hours of sunlight in a day would really be depressing if it didn't mean that the Christmas lights could come on at 16:00.

I wonder if we have enough Christmas lights stored away to turn one of our cedars into something like the tree at Place de Paris?

No comments: