18 January, 2008

Driving Lessons

We did it. With all my prodding to get caught up in school, my oldest finally had some time to read through the Drivers' Handbook that she needed to read before I would take her to the Department of Transportation to take her written driver's test. She did take the test on Monday, and she passed, so she now has her "graduated driver's license", what used to be called a learner's permit when I was a kid in Tennessee.

So she drove a little bit on the way home Monday, but it was getting dark by then, and she was a little bit stressed. Today we had our first real lesson other than driving down the driveway and up the driveway and into and out of the garage. She drove down our winding road, and we practiced slowing down for and accelerating out of curves. We also had to practice avoiding dogs, with three separate incidents with two separate dogs.

On the same day that my oldest took her driving test, my youngest started high-school-level algebra. It's hitting me hard that the girls are really growing up. They are making fun of me, but it's more difficult than they think.

1 comment:

lara11231 said...

Every one is looking for Automatic Driving Lessons Coventry i also am looking for it. kindly guide me further.