31 August, 2007

Late Nights

I haven't been blogging much lately. I suppose in a lot of ways I've just been too overwhelmed.

My new teaching job is going well. Thursday was the first day of formulas, and I had several positive comments from the students, so that was nice.

I had a paper due yesterday at midnight, and it didn't occur to me until 10:50 PM that they meant midnight Eastern time, so I had about 10 minutes to get logged onto the system and get my paper in. I checked on it today, and it seems to be OK. I hate it when I put things off until the last minute, but my life has just been so crazy this week.

I had a really rough night last night, after I sent my paper in, and I realized today that yesterday was the 5-month anniversary of Daddy's death. I think that I knew it in my heart even though I had lost track of the days with my head. This coming Sunday would have been my parents' 45th wedding anniversary, so I know my mom is not going to have a good weekend, but I don't think there is anything that I could do to help. I'm trying to convince Darin to take the blond girls to their church on Sunday so that I can go to the "organ church" instead. I think Rachel wants to come with me and see the organ. My mom and I went to this church instead of the kids' church on Sunday. I really felt the presence of God there, I really enjoyed the service, and the people in Sunday school were very nice.

Now that things are settling down into a "new normal," I will try to get back on the computer again and blog more.

ttfn

No comments: