08 July, 2006

A Last Visit to the Orthepedist

I'm back from my parents' house and my doctor visit yesterday. It went just like I had hoped it would! My doctor said I don't need another visit or any more physical therapy. The x-rays looked great, she was impressed with my flexibility and strength, and she told me once again that the doctor in Luxembourg did a really good job on a really tough break.

She said that I should wear my ankle brace when walking on uneven ground (gravel or grass) for another 6 months, and no high heels for 6 months to a year (like that was ever an issue). And she suggested that I wear the ankle brace for the rest of my life if I'm doing something that could cause an ankle injury, like sports, rock climbing, etc. I suppose that also covers walking on ice, but I forgot to ask about that part. Hopefully that's not such a big issue in TN.

Hooray for walking!!!

No comments: